- slices of jalapeno pepper
- 1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pound good quality pork sausage (Bob Evans recommended)
- 2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick(r)
- 1 jar (10 oz) jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 envelope Shake-n-Bake for pork (original)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the cheese and sausage until well blended. You really need to use your hands to do this well. Add the baking mix and mix well.
- Remove about 50 slices of jalapeno pepper from the jar, shake off the liquid and set on paper towels to absorb excess liquid.
- To form each Armadillo Ball, take a chunk of the dough mixture about the size of a whole walnut, maybe a little bigger. Pat it into a flat patty. Place a slice of jalapeno pepper in it. Fold up the edges around the pepper and seal well. Roll into a ball between your hands, pressing firmly.
- After all the balls have been formed, pour the Shake-n-Bake into a small bowl. Roll the balls in it and place on a cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 325 for 20 – 25 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. These are good served hot, warm or room temperature.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0