Apricot Feather Muffins
1/2 cup dried apricots
2 cups sifted flour
4 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup melted shortening
1. Wash apricots and cover with warm water. Let soak for 1 hour. Drain and cut in small pieces.
2. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, salt and sugar together.
3. Combine beaten egg, milk and melted shortening and add to dry mixture, stirring only until moistened.
4. Add apricots and fold into batter.
5. Drop by spoonfuls into greased muffin pans filling them 2/3 full.
6. Bake in moderately hot oven (425° F.) 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.