Apricot Chiffon Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 (3-oz) pkg lemon flavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups apricot juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (1 lb.) can apricots, drained and chopped
- Combine crumbs, butter and sugar. Press mixture firmly and evenly against bottom and sides of 9-inch pyrex pie plate, building up slightly around rim. Bake in preheated 375 oven 5 to 7 minutes.
- Chill small bowl and beater in which to whip nonfat dry milk. Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup apricot juice which has been heated to boiling. When dissolved, add the remaining 1/2 cup of apricot juice and 1/4 cup orange juice. If the apricot juice does not measure a full 1 1/2 cups add water to make up the difference.
- Chill mixture until partially set.
Sprinkle nonfat dry milk over 1/3 cup ice water. Beat until foamy. Add lemon juice; continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into gelatin mixture; fold in apricots.
- Turn into pie shell; chill until firm.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0