Apricot Cheese Bread
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apricots, snipped and dried
- 1/2 cup light raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In sauce pan combine water, apricots, raisins and 1/4 cup sugar, bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, softened cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Beat until creamed. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients, and add gradually. Gently fold into apricot mixture.
- Turn into pan. Bake 65-70 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Wrap in foil and store overnight before serving or freezing.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0