Apricot-Almond Upside-Down Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 16 ounces apricot halves, drained
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 16 ounces pound cake, mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pour butter into 9-inch round cakepan. Place apricot halves, cut side up, in pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and almonds.
- Prepare pound cake batter according to package directions; stir in flavorings. Pour batter over apricot halves.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Run a knife around edge to loosen; invert onto a serving plate
Share & Print
0 0 100 0