Apricot-Almond Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8-oz. carton sour cream
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Grease and lightly flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream and extract. Beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Spoon apricot preserves over batter in pan, being careful not to let the preserves touch side of pan.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Spoon remaining batter over almonds in pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0