Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Icing
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 beaten eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch layer cake pans.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Beat eggs, mayonnaise, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Stir in nuts.
- Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans. Cool completely. Fill and frost layers with Cinnamon Icing.
- Cinnamon Icing: Beat cream cheese and melted butter until fluffy. Slowly stir in 1 pound powdered sugar and cinnamon. Beat on medium speed until smooth and spreadable.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0