- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c shortening
- 1 c applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 c chopped almonds
- confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Combine flours, allspice and baking soda; set aside
- In a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, cream sugar and shortening; beat in applesauce and eggs until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in apricots and almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 35-40 minutes until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool cake in pan 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter and dust lightly with confectioners sugar.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0