- 10 sweet apples, peeled, pitted and sliced thick
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup pound cake crumbs
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup ground nuts (if you want)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- filo dough flats(sheets)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put all th ingredients in a large bowl, except filo dough flats and egg, and mix gently.
- Lay down two filo dough flats (sheets) and fill the center lengthwise with mixture.
- Fold over the sides of the sheets and place seam-side down on a piece of foil on a cookie sheet. Continue until all the apple mixture is used up.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the top of the strudel with beaten egg.
- Set oven at 375º, bake for 20 minutes. Lower heat to 325º and bake another hour.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0