Apple Streusel Muffins
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 medium size tart apple, diced (1 c)
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 2 T sugar (for topping)
- Combine flour 1/2 c sugar, baking powder & salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Measure out 1/2 c for topping, set aside.
- Stir apple and 1 tsp of lemon rind into flour mixture.
- Beat egg well; stir in milk.
- Add to apple mixture; stir lightly until evenly moist.
- Spoon into 12 greased large muffin cups.
- Blend reserve crumb mixture with remaining lemon rind, walnuts, and the 2 T sugar; sprinkle over batter in cups.
- Bake 425° 20 minutes or until golden and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove from cups to wire rack. Serve warm with butter and jelly, or plain
Share & Print
0 0 100 0