Apple Sauce Nut Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 cups sifted flour
3 teaspoons Rumford Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup thick unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup seeded raisins (cut fine)
1/2 cup nuts (cut fine)
1. Cream shortening, add sugar gradually, creaming until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and beat well.
3. Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, salt and spices together and add to creamed mixture alternately with the apple sauce.
4. Fold in raisins and nuts.
5. Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) 15-20 minutes.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.