Apple Praline Pie
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare your favorite pie crust for two crust pie.Place one crust in 9 inch pie pan. (I prefer a heavy ceramic pan).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.. Place sliced apples in large bowl. Add filing mixture and toss lightly until all the apples are covered.
- Spoon apple mixture into pastry lined pan. Dot with margarine.. Top with second crust and flute the edges. Cut slits in several places to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- In small saucepan, melt margarine; stir in brown sugar and half-and-half. Heat slowly until boiling.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Spread over top of pie. Place on cookie sheet. Return to oven; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer (until topping bubbles).
- Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0