- 1 single pie crust dough
- 6 cups peeled, cored, & sliced apples (about 6 medium-sized)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heavily butter an 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Roll the dough out 1/4″ thick, cut into pieces.
- Spread apples evenly in the baking dish. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Lay the pastry strips over the apples. Brush with the butter. Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir the crust into the pie. Bake 30 minutes more or until apples are soft and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with light whipping cream.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0