Apple-Nut Cake with Rum Sauce
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. each salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 3 cups finely chopped apples
- 1-1/2 cups nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup rum
- Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Sift dry ingredients, add to egg mixture beating well.
- Fold in apples and broken nuts.
- Spread in greased 9×13-inch pan. Bake at 325º for one hour
Rum sauce instructions
- Combine sugar, butter and cream in top of double boiler.
- Place over boiling water and let simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Add rum. Serve warm over cake.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0