- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh fennel, chopped
- 2 cups water – 1 can (14.5 ozs.) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- low-fat plain yogurt (optional)
- In a large pot, combine apples, carrots, onions, fennel, water, chicken broth, wine, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Pour soup through a strainer set over a large bowl. Remove bay leaf.
- In a blender or food processor, puree vegetable mixture until smooth. Add soup liquid and pulse unitl blended. Reheat soup, if necessary.
- To serve, top with dollops of yogurt, if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0