- Pastry dough to fit an 8-inch pie pan
- 4 medium Granny Smith or Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch pie pan or heatproof baking dish with the pie dough. Prick the dough with the tines of a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- In a second bowl, mix together the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the butter. Work these ingredients together with a fork until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple mixture and smooth over the surface. Spoon the crumble over the apple mixture so that the apples are completely covered. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over the crumble.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0