Apple Cream Pie
- 4 C. thinly sliced, peeled tart apples
- 2 T. sugar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 Cup cold milk, divided
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 pastry shell (9 inch) baked
- 1/4 C. apricot preserves or strawberry jelly, melted
- In a large skillet, sauté apples, sugar, lemon juice in butter until apples are tender. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 1 C. milk, dry pudding mix and lemon peel. Add remaining milk and beat till thickened.
- Spread into pastry shell. Arrange apples over filling. Brush with preserves.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Brush with additional preserves if desired.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0