- 3 1/2 cup Apples, tart, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 1/2 oz Coconut, flaked
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Margarine
CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
- 1 cup Margarine, softened
- 6 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 2 cup Flour, all-purpose
- Dash Salt
- Line a 10″ pie pan with half the pastry rolled 1/8″ thick.
- Arrange apples in unbaked pie shell.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt; sprinkle over apples, mixing well. Cover with coconut, sprinkle vanilla over top, and dot with margarine.
- Roll out remaining pastry, and place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cream cheese pastry: Combine margarine and cream cheese; mix well. Cut in flour and salt with pastry blender.Shape dough into a ball. Chill.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0