- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith apples, grated
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl cream, together the butter and the sugar and beat in the honey and the eggs.
- Into the butter mixture sift together the flours, the baking powder, the baking soda, and the salt.
- Stir the mixture until it is combined well, and stir in the apples, the cheese, and the walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into a buttered loaf pan, 9 by 5 by 3 inches, and bake it in the middle of a preheated 350F. oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Turn the bread out onto a rack, and let it cool completely.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0