Angel Strawberry Pie
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 single soda crackers (rolled very fine)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, fine chop
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream
- About 2 cups sliced, frozen sweetened strawberries, well drained (Can substitute peaches instead)
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Slowly add sugar, and continue beating. Add baking powder, vanilla, then fold in fine cracker crumbs. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Spread over bottom & sides of buttered 9 inch pie plate, making a layer about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350F preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool & mash carefully any bubbles or puffs.
- Whip cream stiff & fold in well-drained fruit.
- Spread on baked meringue.
- Let stand in refrigerator 24 hours before serving.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0