Angel Food Cake
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Rumford or Clabber Girl Baking Powder
1 cup sifted cake flour
1 cup egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Sift 1/4 cup of sugar, Baking Powder and flour together three times.
2. Beat egg whites until frothy.
3. Add cream of tartar and salt and continue beating until stiff, but not dry.
4. Sift a small amount of the sugar over the egg whites and fold in and continue until all the sugar has been added.
5. Fold in the flour mixture about 3 or 4 tablespoons at a time until all has been added.
6. Fold in vanilla.
7. Pour into ungreased angel food pan and bake in slow oven (300° F) 1 1/4 hours.
8. Invert pan on wire cake rack until cool. Leave plain or frost with Jiffy Chocolate Frosting.