- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups coconut, flaked
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pie crust (9 inch), baked
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Mandarin orange sections
- In saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return all to saucepan; bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the coconut and the vanilla.
- Pour hot mixture into baked pie crust. Cool.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup coconut in shallow baking pan. Toast in 350 degree F. oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, stirring once
- In a mixer bowl combine whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip on medium speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spread over pie; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Garnish with mandarin orange sections. Chill at least 1 hour.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0