- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Blanched almonds
- 2 egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening with sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in egg & almond extract. Sift together the flour, baking powder & soda. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Refrigerate dough 30 minutes or until easy to handle. For each cookie, roll one tablespoon of dough into a ball.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet, allowing room to spread. Press an almond in the center. Beat egg yolks & brush over cookies.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Share & Print
0 0 100 0