100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread
2 3/4 Cups of hot water
1/3 Cup of Oil, Olive is fine
1/3 Cup of honey
2 Tbsp Molasses
1 Tbsp Salt, Sea Salt is good
7 1/2 cups of 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour
2 Tbsp of Dry Active Yeast
1. Place the first five ingredients in the bowl and mix.
2. Add: 2 Cups 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour.
2 Tbs of Dry Active Yeast.
If your not sure about your yeast proof it in a little warm water first.
3. Add: 4 Cups of 100% Whole Grain Wheat Flour.
4. Mix until the consistency is some what even. Then continue to slowly add flour 1/2 Cup at a time until the dough quits sticking to the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky to the touch. The trick is to have enough consistency to stand up with the least amount of flour so the bread will be fluffy. In any case do not exceed 7 1/2 cups of wheat flour. Don\’t over mix or the bread will be tough.
5. When your dough is finished, Cover the bowl and let it rise for about 30-45 minutes. The dough will be larger but it doesn\’t need to double when using a heavy mixer.
6. Grease two bread pans with Crisco. You can also flour the pans to reduce sticking.
7. Mix again just enough to knock it down at least close to the original size.
8. Drop the dough on a floured surface so you can work the dough and shape it. Roll it in theflour and shape it in your hands to make a nice ball getting enough flour on it so it isn\’t sticky. Divide the ball in half and do it again. Shape the loaves by turning the dough under it\’s self over and over. When the dough is shaped right the sides and ends will be sealed and all you will see is a nice oblong shaped loaf with smooth sides and top. Drop the loaves in your bread pans and let them rise until almost doubled. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 36 minutes. If you forgot to preheat 41 minutes. (gas oven)
9. When done turn the bread out of the pan to a rack to cool. You can eat it right away (a great time for real butter) don\’t wrap it until completely cooled. (Condensation will make it soggy) Put in tinfoil to store on the counter. If you put it in the refrigerator it will turn into a brick. Enjoy.